The sea of CBD terminology is so vast, that one is bound to get lost by the abundance of information out there. The terms seem similar yet so different that beginners often hesitate and feel under-confident in what they are looking at.
- Cannabis – It is used to produce hemp fiber and as a drug. However, it is also used as a combined term for both hemp and marijuana.
- Hemp – Part of the Cannabis species, Hemp plants are high CBD and low in THC (0.3% or less). CBD is not intoxicating and generally helpful for anxiety control, inflammation, and regulating the body’s endocannabinoid system.
- Marijuana – A high THC variety of the Cannabis species. It contains more THC as opposed to hemp and moderate levels of CBD. Uses of THC include helpfulness in pain relief, appetite stimulation, anxiety control, and treating insomnia. The psychoactive effect of marijuana is also due to the high levels of THC present.
Why should you opt for CBD?
To achieve desired results, CBD should be used consistently like any other supplement, so that the compound is allowed to build up in your system. Daily CBD use complements a wholesome diet and a regular workout routine hence further encouraging a comprehensive wellness trend.
If you are still uncertain whether to add CBD in your daily regime or not the following reasons will alter your opinion:
- CBD helps to promote balance – CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid system. This system helps maintain the body’s internal environment at optimal levels by regulating the amount of cortisol in your body which is produced when you are under a state of stress or pressure, thus ensuring a balanced body.
- CBD does not have any intoxicating effects – Not all cannabis derivatives make you high and this is another reason to add CBD in your regular regime without any fear. It does not have any mind-altering effects.
How can CBD be consumed?
CBD can be consumed in various forms, some of them are as follows:
- CBD Tinctures: The most popular form CBD, all you need to do is place a few drops of the oil under your tongue and you’re good to go.
- CBD capsules: These are similar to your regular supplements, so you won’t need to make any changes to incorporate CBD in your daily regime
- CBD Topicals: CBD creams, lotions, salves are idealized for fast relief e.g.: when you want to relax your muscles after a long workout.
- CBD edibles: If you don’t like the taste of raw CBD in your mouth, there are many forms of CDB edibles ranging from gummies to chocolates, brownies, etc. However, they take longer to act as they have to go through the entire digestive system, before entering the bloodstream.
- CBD Vape Juice: Vaping CBD is a good option when you want instant results. Inhaled CBD directly enters the bloodstream through the lungs and vapes are compact and easy to carry as well.
CBD has multiple benefits which are long term as well as short term in nature. However, CBD should not be used on a ‘need’ basis rather it should be used regularly like any other wellness routine for effective and desired results.